jlrbpress.ca (the "Website") is owned and operated by Michael G. Khmelnitsky ("JLRB Press"). We value your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.
1. Manual Information Collection
1.1 Newsletter Subscription
You may subscribe to our newsletter by providing your email address and, optionally, your first name on our subscription page.
We store this information securely in our Mailchimp account and never share it with third parties. For more information, see Mailchimp Data Security and Privacy.
1.2 Manuscript Submission
During an open submission period, you can submit a manuscript on our submission page. We collect the following information for manuscript submissions:
- Full name
- Disclosure whether the submitter is a Canadian poet
- Description of the manuscript
- Declaration regarding potentially sensitive themes or subjects
- File attachment with the manuscript
- How the submitter heard about JLRB Press
- Consent to subscribe to the JLRB newsletter
We collect this information securely by using Google Forms and store it on Google Drive. For more information, see Understand the basics of privacy in Google Docs, Sheets, & Slides and Learn how we help keep Google Drive secure.
Parts of the submission may be stored securely in our Trello account for processing purposes. For more information, see Trust @ Trello.
Only members of the editorial board, who maintain submitter confidentiality, have access to this information.
We retain the collected data for a period of one year.
2. Automatic Information Collection
We use Google Analytics cookies to improve the design and functioning of our website. These cookies collect information about your usage of the Website, including but not limited to your IP address, browser type, and referring pages. They do not collect any advertising information.
The data that we collect by using these cookies is anonymous and does not identify you personally.
2.2. GDPR Compliance
If you are a user located in the European Union, we adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 in the United Kingdom. Per Article 37 of the GDPR, we are not required to appoint a Data Protection Officer.
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
3. Consent and Legal Basis for Processing
We collect and process personal data based on the legal bases outlined in Article 6 of the GDPR:
- Your consent for specific purposes
- Processing necessary for contract performance
If you decline to provide necessary information, JLRB Press may be unable to subscribe you to the newsletter or process your manuscript submission.
4. Your Rights
As a user of our Website, you have the following rights:
- Access to your personal data
- Rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data
- Erasure of your personal data
- Restriction of processing of your personal data
- Portability of your personal data
- Objection to the processing of your personal data
- Lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority
5. Removal of Data
5.1. Unsubscription from Mailing List
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter.
You can also configure your subscription by clicking update your preferences at the bottom of the newsletter.
5.2. Removal of Submission and Personal Data
6. Contact Information
Last updated: July 24, 2023